The challenge for schools
- Teacher retainment, workload, recruitment, and burnout are a significant issue for educational leaders.
- 67% of teachers have said that stress has impacted negatively on their ability to work, and 31% of teachers experienced a mental health issue in the previous year (2018 survey).
- Teacher mental health affects performance in the classroom and the educational outcomes of their pupils.
What are the benefits of Yoga and Mindfulness?
- Yoga and Mindfulness are contemplative practices which focus and quieten the mind as our thoughts impact on our well-being. By creating self-awareness on the effects of stress, self-care is increased.
- Combined with breath awareness and relaxation techniques, Yoga helps to relieve stress.
- Yoga improves posture, flexibility, muscle tone, and strength as well as reduce instances of back, neck, and shoulder problems.
How can Mindfulness and Yoga help staff well-being?
- Reduces teacher burnout, increases resilience to stress, lessens anxiety, and sickness absence.
- In creating a break between thought, emotion, and action, they help teachers to be less emotionally reactivity and negative.
- Improves relations and co-operation between colleagues.
- Enhances attention, concentration, and focus thus aiding success and performance.
What we offer
“Tristessa’s classes are relaxed and have a lovely nurturing energy about them. Whatever your level, Tristessa guides and encourages you to challenge yourself. I love her classes!”
“The classes are excellent. Tristessa is so knowledgeable and makes you feel relaxed and at home in the classes; the perfect combination to enable you to get the most out of the sessions. She takes time to check on your own needs (as an ex-dancer I have lower back problems). She makes suggestions and adapts exercises to your requirements. A lovely teacher. ”
“Tristessa is a brilliant teacher and really knows how to connect with people. She is so friendly and approachable and has a lovely energy that makes her great fun to be around. Give her classes a go! You’ll be glad you did...”